Just because you’re a mom doesn’t mean you can be sexy and desirable. A great hairstyle can be what you need to take you out of mommy mode and get you into a sensual mood. Take a break from your everyday ponytail, and give these hot looks a try.
Tousled and Unruly
Get the just out of bed look without really looking like you just got out of bed by creating slightly messy, tousled waves.
- After you’ve washed your hair, apply mousse or styling gel. Comb through your hair with your fingers.
- Blow dry your hair from underneath by facing down and flipping your hair over the back of your head. Stop when your hair is still a little bit damp.
- Finish your blow out with a round brush to create some lift and curl.
- Use a curling iron to make curls in random directions.
- Finger comb through the curls until you have the perfect balance of messy and styled.
There is something very appealing about the potential sensuality that is all caught up in a bun.
- Start with a basic, loose bun. You want to look like a sexy nerd, not a ballerina, so don’t make it too tight.
- Secure the bun with bobby pins.
- You will want a few strands of hair to come out and stay loose around your face, as if they passionately escaped from your bun.
- Curl the strands around your face using a curling iron.
- Finish with a spritz of light control hairspray.
Sleek and Shiny
Getting your hair to look like it is perfectly smooth and sleek is all about the products you choose.
- Begin by prepping your hair with a serum that protects your locks from heat. Use a frizz control product if you have trouble keeping your hair from getting poofy.
- Then spritz your hair with a product that conditions and adds shine.
- Use a hot flat iron or hair straightener. Take small sections of your hair, and pull the straightener through at a slow and even pace.
When you are finished, your hair will be sleek and straight, and you will be sporting a shine.
Get the popular look of waves tumbling down around your face in a few easy steps.
- Work with an inch thick piece of hair at a time. Use a hair clip to keep the rest of the hair out of the way.
- Wrap each piece around a wand or curling iron, creating a spiral.
- Allow curls to cool before touching them. This will help them set.
- Finger comb out the curls.
- Apply a hair serum to reduce frizz.
All moms need some time to feel sexy and desirable. Try one of these hot mom hairstyles the next time you have some time alone with your special someone.